Wednesday, October 7

This Might Work?

IDEA!

I want beadboard behind the shelves in my bookcases. Like this.


I searched for wallpaper that looks like wood paneling, looked for wood with lines in it, and then this idea came to me.

I got out a scrap of basswood. Found a small crochet hook with a pointy end (I don't crochet so at least I'm using it for something!) then I scored little lines down the wood. Presto! "beadboard paneling!"

The only problem I see is making sure the lines are parallel and straight. I'll let you know if this works...

Blessings,
Kathi

5 comments:

Deni said...

Sounds good to me! just need to rule it up first I guess and plow away!lol
Looking forward to seeing how it went!

Unknown said...

good luck! sounds tricky...

rosanna said...

It can work out nicely but why don't you use coffee stirrers next time? they are long thin strip of woods, quite easy to find and cut. I'll wait to see how it turns out. Mini hugs

Midlife Roadtripper said...

much too crafty for me. Good luck with it.

kathi said...

Coffee stirrers huh? I like that idea better.
Now I just have to find some. I think they would look more realistic? Thanks Rosanna!
I'll try both ways and see what looks best!