Sunday, December 20

Table and Chairs

I know I said I was done with minis for a while... but I want to make a dining room table to go with the cute little chairs I bought. I need a place for my new dishes!


I'm still planning to try to make a table that looks like this one.
I'll let you know how it goes.


Community Playthings makes wooden furniture for children. Simple and easy enough to copy in miniature?


I've always had a love for wood. My grandfather made many things with wood. I remember the smell of sawdust in his workshop. It is still one of my favorite scents!

I also have a child's wooden table and chair set that belonged to my children. They used it for everything from coloring to tea parties.


It looks just like this one. I'm saving it for my grandchildren.


I think children need simple toys. Handmade if possible. They bring out the natural creativity in a child much more than video games or television. They last longer too!

My kitchen counter and my desk are my workshop now. My dollhouse is my project. Maybe grandpa is looking down on me and smiling?

Blessings, Kathi

8 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I can't wait to see what you do with the table. Maybe I should say both tables. I am the same way about sawdust and wood. My dad was a part time carpenter. One of my earliest memories was of sitting on the floor where he was working and happily pounding nails into a two by four. Maybe that's where I get my love for building tiny things.

Lize said...

Wonderful memories Kathi! Good luck with the little table, if it turned out the way the coffee tables did, you 'little people'- family will be very happy.

Kerrie said...

I love miniatures, too! You do such wonderful work. We love the smell of wood, too and make the joke that we go to Lowe's lumber to get "our wood fix"-LOL Merry Christmas to you, Kerrie

DLSarmywife said...

Kathi, I am sure Grandpa is looking down and smiling! I love the new table and look forward to seeing the 'sandbox' one in the future! I love the idea of wooden toys. =D

jose said...

felices fiestas y prospero año nuevo desde carmona

Anonymous said...

I bet your grampa is beaming! I too love wood and always have. I tried to get my sons intersted in carpentry but they just weren't interested. I love wood furniture but it is hard to find now in a reasonable price range. I would love to do a miniature modern log cabin house with all wood furnishings. (log furniture) I have very much enjoyed your blog as well this year Kathi and am so glad you are a friend. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I so agree with you on the children toys..., I was happy as a clam with my doll house (made by my parents), legos, a wood train set, a doll and a stuffed monkey!

Have a very Merry Christmas, Kathi!!!

Unknown said...

I agree! simple, handmade and preferably from natural materials, like wood.