Sunday, January 3

I Need More Space!

I'm going to get an addition for my dollhouse! I saw a beautiful conservatory kit online that I just have to buy!

I'll have to cut a hole in the side of my dollhouse for french doors leading out to this new room. I'm really nervous about doing that!



The new room will be a place to "grow" orchids and display tropical plants too. An art studio, sewing/craft room and indoor garden all in one! I think it will be perfect for my beach house!


Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for this...

I'll be dreaming about dollhouses again tonight for sure!


8 comments:

Lize said...

I need more space too! But I need a real BIG 1:1 conservatory!

We always need more space... don't we. Tell me if you figure out how to pay for it, I'll then multiply what you do by 12, then I should be able to pay for the real one. Or at least, that should work in theory?

MiniKat said...

When you mark off your outline for the opening, drill holes inside the corners. Then use a keyhole saw to cut your lines.

A. Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Wright said...

*edit*

Follow MiniKat's advice and you should be golden on the door opening. Can you wait till Miniatures.com has their 40% coupon (for one item)? It's usually around April 1st. They may have that kit by then or one very similar.

Eva said...

Perhaps it is expensive but it will be sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful next to your beach house...Minis creates addiction, right?? Like Lize I would like one in 1:1 size and...why not? the beach house too :) LOL

Sans! said...

I have long given up trying to create my own garden. What grand plans I had, Zen, tropical, pond, stone walkway...BUT, I can always do a 1:12 scale. You are lucky you have 40% off coupons where you are. I wish sometime buying a dollhouse is like buying a laptop where they offer you 36 monthly instalments, interest free :)! Love the new look on your blog!

Lotte said...

The garden house would be nice... I hope you get it soon ;D

Lotte

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Hi Kathi!

So many new posts here since I visited last. Love that little chandelier!!

And I wish you a very Happy New Year!