Wednesday, November 30

Red Flannel Nightgown

I found a wonderful website today. Dolly&Me has a beautiful collection of American Doll and mother/daughter matching dresses. I was looking for ideas to make clothes for Grandma and the girls and found lots of pretty dresses and accessories on this site.

My mother made matching dresses for my sister and me. I made matching dresses for myself and my daughter. I don't know if people still do that, but I thought it was fun back then.

I made Grandma a "flannel" nightgown for Christmas after seeing a cute one at the Dolly&Me site.



I used poly/cotton interlock fabric aka "t-shirt" fabric. The nice thing about this fabric is it doesn't fray, stretches a bit and you don't really have to finish the edges. This night gown is an easy one piece pattern. The only sewing is on the side seams.



I'm excited because now Grandma actually has something that actually fits! :D I just need to decide which is the front and which is the back? Grandma refused to pose for a photo. She is still upset about her hair...

I'm also trying to make her some Christmas oven mitts. Hope to have these done before Christmas? The pattern is from the Dollhouse Brazil tutorials link.



Hope you have a good day!

6 comments:

Ascension said...

Un precioso vestido, seguro que consigues unos guantes geniales.
besitos ascension

Maria Ireland said...

The red nightgown is lovely. I am sure grandma is very happy.
Hugs Maria

Fabiola said...

The dress is very nice. I love red color.
Bye Faby

Troy said...

Both the dresses look great. I like the oven mitt idea. I would have to attempt a no-sew version.

Drora's minimundo said...

The dress turned out very pretty. I'm sure grandma will be pleased.
Hugs

Lucille said...

The dress is very pretty and Grandma will look gorgeous in it. Don't be surprised if Grandpa falls in love all over again when she models it for him! You might be asked to sew a second honeymoon trousseau. LOL!