Sunday, January 1

Time to Learn Something New

I hope that everyone had a safe and Happy New Year's Eve! I was in bed by 10pm. That's late for me!

This morning I decided to try something new. For some of you this may be very simple. For me, not so much...

I'm trying to make a headband for Sandy using Jolee's crystal beads from Michael's. This video is where I started.



So far I've spent two hours practicing, starting over and then starting over again. I've paused the video so many times so I could see what she was doing!

Last night I made my first beaded ring. It's not perfect but was really fun to make.


I watched another video to learn how to make this. There is an "Ocean Blue" ring at My Daily Bead Blog that I really want to try too. :D

I wish you all a VERY Happy New Year! I'm planning to learn lots of new things this year, how about you?

7 comments:

Caseymini said...

Looking good Kathi! Love the blue! Now show it on your hand?

Susi said...

Feliz 2012¡¡¡
Gracias por compartir
Un beso
Susi

Kathi said...

Thanks! Casey, my hands are NOT camera worthy. Remember, I'm "old" and work with glue, paint, wood, sandpaper and stuff like that.
Right now I only have four fingernails that would pass for a photo. Plus it's really hard to take a photo of your own hand... I tried it. LOL

Lotte said...

The ring looks beautiful!

Happy new year to you, Kathi!

Lucille said...

Your ring is gorgeous, Kathi. I listened to most of the instructions on the video but I find that I would need more. It's just not clear enough for me. I guess we all have our own learning method.

Jill said...

Happy New Year, Kathi!! Your ring is beautiful-- I love the colors!
Hugs,
Jill

Ludmila said...

Beautiful ring came. I, too, sometimes with a whip made of beads, and I know how much patience it requires.