Tuesday, February 28

3 O'Clock In The Morning



What do you do when you can't sleep? Do you have a cup of coffee and read the paper? I decided to get up and make flowers.

I'm going to need LOTS of flowers for my next project. I've never made a calla lily before but thought I would give it a try. I used Lesley Shepherd's tutorial and some of my own techniques.


I see room for improvement but it looks cute in the kitchen. :D

I was going to buy a real calla lily plant yesterday. When I got to the checkout the price was $9.99! Two fading flowers and yellowing leaves. No, thank you. I'll make my own! LOL



It's really too early to take good photos. Thanks for following along while I've been working on my kitchen. I still have some books to make and a clock. I'm waiting on a new white microwave and some dishes too.

Hope you have a lovely day!





11 comments:

Cote said...

Te ha quedado muy bien, felicidades!!
Besitos

Marisa said...

I love Leslies how flower how to's and your pictures are very clear I can see everything what does Grandma think about her flowers?


Hugs
Marisa :)

Eliana said...

This was a very productive insomnia! ;)
It is gorgeous!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Kathi,
I do some of my best work at 3:00am. So glad to hear from you and so glad be visiting here. can't wait to see your flower.( tell your daughter to give me a call even one punch of color can make a great statement)

Lucille said...

I love all the details. So much to look at. I love the racks you made for the wine bottles and the glasses. Kitchens are my favourite rooms in dollhouses!

Troy said...

It looks great. I like your lily!

De said...

The calla lilies look great, Kathi! The kitchen is beautiful. I wouldn't mind a full sized one like that. :)

Fabiola said...

The calla is wonderful.
Bye Faby

cockerina said...

Hello Kathi, forgive me if I write here, but I would like to know where you can have the square pearls, that I see in your previous post. I am looking for the stones, for months, to make perfume bottles, but it seems that in Italy they do not sell... :((
write to my mail, please?
katiamilella@tiscali.it

ah! I forgot your question... at 3 am I'm still awake, and I do minis! ha ha!
thanks and kisses from Italy :))
Caterina

Mary said...

At 3 a.m. lately I have an old cat climbing on me and meowing at me to wake up and play with him. If I can't get back to sleep I usually read, some times have a cup of herbal tea.

Your kitchen looks very nice and your calla lilies are beautiful. You will be an expert on flower making after this project.

Sandra said...

Wish I could get up and mini when I can't sleep - if I do I wake everyone up no matter how quiet I am, they know the light is on and get up to see what I am doing, or my husband feels that I am not in bed and can't sleep! So I just make plans of what I want to do on which project.....Thanks for sharing your more productive time, the lilies are super. Sandie