Saturday, March 10

Pinned

Casey did another great tutorial yesterday on how to make draperies. Thanks Casey!

Last night before I went to bed I gave it a try. I just used some muslin I had on hand to practice. Somehow, mine don't look anything like Casey's. I need MORE practice!



One of the long sides isn't folded the same way as the other. I don't know WHAT happened to the "festoon" that is supposed to go in the center?!

I'm going back over to Casey's to see if she can help me. It's a long way from my house to Arizona but worth the trip! :D

Hope you have a great day!




3 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, first of all, get yourself some quarter inch graph paper and some wax paper. I never thought to mention that part. It was in the original curtain tutorial.

You can get it at Walmart. It is in the office supplies and is called a planing pad.

I see that you are using a mouse pad for a board. It is better to use something a bit more rigid. I was taught to use a piece of ceiling tile. Rather than go through the whole thing on your comments, I will do a tut on making the board on my blog today. Mine needs to be recovered anyway. If you do it, you will be much happier with the outcome.

Kathi said...

Thanks Casey! I have some 1/4" graph paper and possibly a ceiling tile around here somewhere?
Looking forward to more of your tips! :D

Tabitha Corsica said...

I, too, was taught to use a pinning board made of ceiling tile LOL! The tile was covered with some poly batting and a piece of cotton. I think I learned that in a class by Louise Hedrick who was a doll costumer. It works beautifully!