Tuesday, July 24

A Little Change Is Good

The longer I've been working on my project, the more frustrated I've become. The loft kit, even with my modifications, just does NOT match my idea of a coffee shop. I think it wants to be something else entirely.

Yesterday I remembered the RGT General Store Kit that I had purchased a long, long time ago. It has been tucked away in the closet unopened. This morning, I taped it together and set up this little scene.


Now this could be a cozy little coffee shop. This could be finished in a few weeks rather than months. This is small enough to display either at work or in my kitchen. THIS is what I'm going to do next.

Don't worry about the loft. I have not abandoned it. It has just been relocated to my dining room table temporarily.  It will still have a pool table and modern furniture. It will still have clerestory windows. It will NOT be a coffee shop.

It will become my dream house on the beach!  Something like one of these...





A new look at a what was becoming a problem has rekindled my excitement. Sometimes a new perspective is refreshing.


Sometimes a little change is good.  :D





6 comments:

Fabiola said...

I like this little scene!
Bye Faby

Giac said...

Hi Kathi,
I think your ideas for the general store and the beach house are great...if a project just isn't working it's sometimes best to let the structures be in charge.
I can't wait to see your new plans unfold.
Hugs,
Giac

mcddiss said...

cuando una se agobia con un proyecto en ocasiones lo mejor es darle un nuevo aire o alejarse de el temporalmente para aaclarar las ideas

besitos

Mari

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I think that you are catching some of my bad habits. Changing course in the middle of a project is my normal way of doing things.LOL

Troy said...

I love your beach house pictures. Do what feels right.

Kim said...

Good for you! It's so hard to struggle with a project when it is not feeling right-and so much more fun when it does feel right! I can't wait to see more of them both :)