Friday, August 31

D is for Determined

I am determined to learn how to make an angel's trumpet plant. This is the real one in my front yard. :D


I've been playing with paper for two days now. This morning I found a video on how to make a paper barn star.


Image from the video at foldsomething.com

If you are building a barn, these would look great in a rusty copper finish. To me, they look like the shape of a flower. Maybe even a trumpet flower?  These are my attempts so far. The flower with the leaves was made using the barn star pattern.


The hard part is getting all of those little folds going in the right direction and then curling the points of the star...

I may have to leave this for a day or so. My determination and patience need to come to an agreement!

Hope you have a good Friday!





7 comments:

otterine said...

Looks like you're making great progress! :D

Tabitha Corsica said...

Interesting... good luck with it!

You realize, of course, that every bit of that plant is toxic, right? Even dried leaves and flowers when they fall off.

Mostly hallucinogens. Just thought you should know...

Kathi said...

No! I didn't know that the angel's trumpet is toxic! Guess I'd better go get that flower off my kitchen counter right now!
Thanks Tabitha!

Tabitha Corsica said...

just do a quick google. As a nurse, you should understand most of the scientific jargon. My husband brought a beautiful one home from the nursery a few months ago... and I made him take it right back.

We have 2 small dogs and they'll put almost anything they find in the yard in their mouth.

carmen said...

yo creo que ese es el camino...

Melli Hobby said...

It´s a lot of work to make a angel´s trumpet pant. (You´ll find it on my blog.)
I´ve build one. I love it in miniaure because it´s not toxic.
Greetings
Melanie

Ilona said...

Hi Kathy, fantastic plant. I admire your patience to make flowers and plants. Like Melli said: in miniature they are not toxic, but the one in your garden....
Hugs, Ilona