Monday, June 10

Defining My Style

Did you watch HGTV Star last night?  I did, and I am inspired. I've been trying to find and copy rooms I like but so far none of them are really "me."

I think this is why I have had so much trouble choosing fabrics and paint colors for my living/dining rooms. I've got the basics done now. White paint, bamboo and tropical colors. Something is missing...

There is a "hippie chick" inside of me that is dying to come out again.  :D













I love Amy Butler fabrics! I love her colors, patterns and the symmetry of her designs, especially her Lark collection.


So many beautiful fabrics! So many great colors!

I have an eclectic heart, a love for the sea and the beautiful colors of nature. Somehow I'm going to combine the things I love to create MY own space.

A counselor once told me that I needed my home to be my sanctuary. I want a place that defines who I am and makes me happy. I'm going to stop trying to copy others and define my own style!

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi! I like your style! Keep it up!

12Create said...

Looking forward to seeing your hippie chic assert itself in your decorating.